The fall of 2015 promises to be busy for DRP. David will be on the road, speaking on various aspects of concrete petrography in several venues. Here is what’s in store:
- September in Las Vegas
- David will be at the September meeting of the Las Vegas Chapter of the American Concrete Institute to deliver a talk that will introduce attendees to both the capabilities and limitations of concrete petrography.
- October in Austin, Texas
- David will speak at a joint meeting of the Central Texas chapter of ACI and the Austin chapter of the Structural Engineers Association of Texas. The talk will address aspects of using concrete petrography to evaluate existing structures and help develop remediation strategies to deal with various deterioration phenomena.
- November in Montana
- David will be speaking in Bozeman and Helena, Montana. In Bozeman he will be at Montana State University. This is particularly exciting as he has not been on the campus since way back when during his geology field camp (yes, in the 80s, but not the 1880s…).
- After Montana State David will head up to Helena to participate in the Joint Engineering Conference. At this meeting David will present a seminar with Kim Basham, Ph.D., P.E., FACI of KB Engineering on combining engineering and laboratory methods to trouble shoot slabs.
- November at ACI National Convention in Denver
- After Montana its back to Boulder where David will participate in the 2015 Fall National ACI convention. David will participate in the Concrete of the Americas meeting just prior to the convention in Denver. At the convention itself, David will participate in various committee meetings on aggregates, durability, materials science and plastering and will serve as the moderator for the Hot Topic Session, titled “Constructibility of Projects Designed for 100+ Year Service Life”.
And don’t forget, we’ll be at the World of Concrete in Las Vegas in February 2016!!!
If you are in any of these locales please try to join us.
If you would like to learn more about David and having him speak at your next meeting, check out our credentials page